Friday, August 26, 2011

The Help - Read and Watched...

I am in a book club with a bunch of awesome girls. With my book club, we create a list of genres at the beginning of each year and read a genre each month such as romance, fiction, biography, travel, etc. Last month, we read 'The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I truly enjoyed it. Have you read it yet? If not, I highly recommend it.

    This last week, my girlfriends and I went to see the movie 'The Help'. It is classic that the movies are always a bit dissapointing after reading the book but; I was not dissapointed this time. Lot of scenes were quite dramatic but; I think they did a good job following the book.

Have you read the book or seen the movie yet? I would love to know what you thought of it?
We will be reading a memoir this month. Any suggestions for a good memoir book?


Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy the blue skies this weekend..

3 comments:

  1. I Haven't read the book but I watched the last weekend and it was really good. I really enjoyed all the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book a while ago and absolutely loved it! :) Every aspect of it, and I so wanted a movie about the book to come out and baaammmm the movie's out now. I so want to see it. Hopefully soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the book and love it. Love how they caught the time/characters. Would love to see the movie when it comes in the theatres here in my country.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...